Tony Barry has undertaken a wide range of project management roles throughout Asia Pacific. Examples include:
• Project Director for the USD87m project to provide car parking and employee amenity facilities at the new international airport.
• Evaluation of design, procurement and delivery structure for the planned civils works tunnel contracts of the USD2.1Bn Ho Chi Minh Metro Line 2 project for Asian Development Bank.
• Mapping of infrastructure policy, budgeting, procurement and delivery processes in Government Ministries in Nepal and advice to Department for International Development, UK, (DFID) on appropriate processes for aid management for the planned safer schools developments, and for the seismic retrofitting and reconstruction of hospitals.
• Institutional strengthening and process improvements in Public Works Department, Tuvalu.
• Evaluation of tenders for a Design and Build Contract for a 6.4km water tunnel for MWSS Manila, and preparation of bid evaluation report.
• Development of contract documentation; procurement, quality management, climate change adaptation: procedures, manuals and and training for Improvement of planning, design and delivery processes for Department of Transport, Communications & Infrastructure, Federated States of Micronesia.